Friday, March 19, 2010

Veggies in a bed and the attachment.

1 sawi

2. spinach

4. sunflowers
no sign of grasshopper bites, probably due to close proximity 
to tomato plants

5. Eight radishes
on the left side of the vegetable bed.
They get more sunlight
than the other 4 on the right side.

6. sawi taiwan

7. four radishes
on the right side of the vegetable bed.
Tucked behind tomato plants, quite shady.


I display them separately here just for easier identification.
They are okey so far, sharing space and bed.


Ours is not rows after rows, but more of a little bit of each, the french way it seems,
enough for two mouths and a few more when the children come home,
crowding over weekends. But when the quantity is small, we tend to remember and recognize each of them,  creating some kind of bond between plants and the gardeners. The plants begin to turn into something very cute. It is not easy to rush down and pick or pull these veggies, there is that split second pause, assuring ourselves that it is alright to pull them out... Like picking a nice chicken you know since baby for a good dinner... Oh Well...




~ bangchik

14 comments:

  1. bangchik- I never feel that way about my veggies. When I look at my vegetable garden my taste buds take over and all I can think of is dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Bangchik, I find it endearing that you are clearly so fond of your vegetables at every stage of their development.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this... *Sigh*.. I still have not starting mine.. T_T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your veggies are beautiful and coming along. YUMMM! Spinach! I understand your emotional bond with your veggies...this is why they grow so well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, so many signs of spring! Your baby plants all look healthy, Bangchik! You guys really inspire me to start working on our garden. Methinks, I will... this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos! I tend to grow little bits of lots and I treat them dearly too! We've raised each one and tended it afterall.I feel guilty if any go to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're able to give each particular plant all the care they need when you're only growing a small amount, that's why they perform so well for you. Everything is looking very healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melanie ~ I look at them and think of dinner too. Just disturbed by that split second pause that hurts for a while...

    Edith Hope ~ All because we grow just a handful of each. The attachment is natural, like having cats or chicken at home.

    Cath J ~ just throw seeds into a container filled with good soil, and wet them regularly. Something will grow, but be careful not to let mushrooms and fungus taking over!!

    ~bangchik

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kimberly ~ the bond between gardener and plants last for that short cycle. A month or two for veggies.

    Tes ~ lets green the earth!

    nina ~ none will be wasted, that's for sure.

    Jo ~ its true... coming home after a hard day work, plants ooze out therapeutic elements that soothes hearts and minds.

    ~bangchik
    Putrajaya, Malaysia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pictures bangchik. I don't usually grow veggies, but I have the same feeling of pause when cutting flowers for a bouquet, I feel a little guilty about it for a moment, and wonder if I should proceed. ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha..i also feel the same way..i love everything in my garden but i'm not stingy if friends ask me some seedlings or cutting..i believe i should share in order to get more beautiful n healthy plants~!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I understand how you feel. With a small garden, each radish is precious and we nurture them as individuals, not a mass harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  13. waliz ~ that has been our way....neighbours have been tasting our garden vegetables. That is just pure fun, when we exchange smiles as vegetables change hands.

    Lou Murray's Green World ~ You are right, we recognize each to fine details.

    ~bangchik

    ReplyDelete
  14. where can i buy red raddish seed here in KL/selangor?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...