Tuesday, July 7, 2009

How's roselles doing...

Surprisingly, roselles are doing just fine. Pest that had been nibbling at our veggies doesnt seem to bother roselles at all. We are not going to take any chances leaving the plants to the whimps and fancy of the wind. The slender stems may not be able to withstand.

Bamboo stakes are ready, but I am still contemplating on the best way to put them, not about the specific purpose stakes supposed to be but to make them beautiful and blend with the whole surrounding. I am still thinking, and Kakdah not giving any idea yet ......

Two foot high now, these roselles... and in a matter of days, they will show sign of blooms. I am waiting!...







They survive on poultry fertiliser pellets
placed and mixed thoroughly
as we were preparing the vegetable bed.
I am not giving anymore.....

6 comments:

  1. The rosella is very pretty! I can't wait to see the blooms. I have been behind on my reading while Blotanical has been broken so I have resorted to reading in a reader. Hope your summer is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. > Heather

    I have not seen roselles flowers for decades. They were in abundance when I was much younger, self seeding themselves all along. I notice how these plants love sandy and well drained soil. I am waiting for the blooms too!
    ~ bangchik

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have lovely green leaves and it will be interesting to see what kind of flowers are produced! Val

    ReplyDelete
  4. > Val

    The green is somewhat different, enhanced by the red tinted stalk and stems... I am trying to guess, the flower could just be creamy yellow.. haha..
    ~ bangchik

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to plant some roselle this year but never got around to it. How do you use yours?

    ReplyDelete
  6. > Prospero

    When we were kids, we just nibble at the bright colored fruit... sour but nice. I think we are going to collect fruits and prepare drinks...... roselle juice!!...

    ~ bangchik

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...