Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cabbages are taking shape.

cabbages

The cabbage heads are forming nicely for all the four. I touch them with my hand, and I wish to confirm that the heads are really building.  From now on, no new leaves will be visible because the growth of new leaf will be inside the head itself.  I am expecting the head to get bigger and the lower leaves to get older and turn yellow.  For a first timer with cabbages, I am expecting too much and too soon. But I really have to say this.

"The wait seems to be like  forever "






Earlier posts: 
Wed, Mar 10, 2010 ~ Playing with cabbage.
Tues, April 06, 2010 ~ Cabbage after a month 
Frid , April 23, 2010 ~ Our cabbages at stage 4 

bangchik

11 comments:

  1. Hi,bangchik.
    I farmed cabbeges through the last winter and harvested then this march.My family loves to eat cabbage-salad.

    Your cabbages looks so beautiful that they must be good-taste and I believe you are looking forward to eating them.

    I recommend that you watch bugs(green caterpillar) creeping between cabbage leaves.They also love to eat cabbages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cabbage and its so good for you - my grandad used to grow drills of them - as children we had great fun picking off all the cabbage white caterpillars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. takaeko ~ Thanks, I hope they come out well and taste good. Thanks for the reminder about caterpillars....

    Rosie@leavesnbloom ~ Now the tough part is coming.., when to cut off the cabbage heads. Leaving them too long will encourage caterpillars to come, eat and smear cabbages with poo.....

    bangchik

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are really coming along quite well and look so hardy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poetic Shutterbug ~ I hope they will get get bigger a little bit more before harvest... ~bangchik

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cabbages are as beautiful as any plant I can think of.

    ReplyDelete
  7. mothernaturesgarden ~ yes, the shiny leaves are most beautiful. ~bangchik

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does look like a beautiful flower Bangchik! Great job! I am so happy for you. Cabbage can feed a big family well :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I first have to deal with those pigeons and crows before I can have any - well borekale they like less and happens to be my favorite anyway ;-)
    yours look really nice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good attempt! I can see patience is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stephanie ~ the other day kakdah was complaining about the leaves collecting water and she saw jentik-jentik... Now we have to be careful about watering..

    AaronVFT ~ thanks.. fascinating plant. looks like flower but only leaves.

    Keats The Sunshine Girl ~real patience i would say.

    bangchik

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...